👋 Hey there visitor,
you found yourself on the homepage of Szakállas Dávid, a programmer, hacker and nice guy from Budapest, Hungary, Europe. I am specializing in backend development and data engineering. I recently received an M.Sc. degree from BME, one of the region’s prominent technological universities, where I learned about fault-tolerant systems, distributed computing and databases. Currently I am working as a software engineer on data related things at Whitepages. By night I hack around MIDI gadgets 🎛 🎚 or play the guitar.
- Deep knowledge of running and optimizing Spark workloads, knowledge of Spark internals
- General knowledge of the Big Data landscape
- Working knowledge of AWS S3, EMR, EC2
- Experience working in a dockerized environment and deploying to Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of Airflow
Technologies I prefer:
- Processing: Spark, Kafka, Node.js, Airflow
- Databases: Redis, Elastic, Postgres
- Infrastructure: Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
I have some knowledge of data analytics toolkits in R (data.table, ggplot, shiny) and Python (numpy, pandas).
Here are the talks I gave so far:
- Spark Schema for Free
- openCypher Meeting #4 Remarks | Whitepages (I only held an internal talk at Whitepages office as the Neo4j Budapest meetup group is inactive since February) | May 2018, Budapest | Slides
- Writing a Cypher query engine in Clojure (feat. Gábor Szárnyas) - 3rd Budapest Clojure Meetup | Mar 2018, Budapest | Event Page | Slides
@szdavid92 mostly tweets about tech, free software and privacy, seldom politics in EU and Hungary. I sometimes like, but don’t retweet memes.