👋 Hey there visitor,
you found yourself on the homepage of Szakállas Dávid, a programmer, hacker and nice guy from Budapest, Hungary, Europe. I am specializing in backend development and data engineering. I recently received an M.Sc. degree from BME, one of the region’s prominent technological universities, where I learned about fault-tolerant systems, distributed computing and databases. Currently I am working as a software engineer on data related things at Whitepages. By night I hack around MIDI gadgets 🎛 🎚 or play the guitar.
Here are the technologies I am generally good at or prefer to use:
- Platforms: Apache Spark, JVM, Node.js, OSS (No)SQL DBs
- Infrastructure: Linux, Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, AWS
- Editors: Vim, Emacs, IntelliJ
I don’t like these:
- Programming languages: Java, Groovy, PHP (even though I don’t know it)
- Platforms: EJB, in-house proprietary platforms
- Infrastructure: proprietary DBs, Azure or Bluemix
I have some knowledge of data analytics toolkits in R (data.table, ggplot, shiny) and Python (numpy, pandas).
Here are the talks I gave so far:
- Spark Schema for Free
- openCypher Meeting #4 Remarks | Whitepages (I only held an internal talk at Whitepages office as the Neo4j Budapest meetup group is inactive since February) | May 2018, Budapest | Slides
- Writing a Cypher query engine in Clojure (feat. Gábor Szárnyas) - 3rd Budapest Clojure Meetup | Mar 2018, Budapest | Event Page | Slides
@szdavid92 mostly tweets about tech, free software and privacy, seldom politics in EU and Hungary. I sometimes like, but don’t retweet memes.
I am not an academic person.
If you have Docker, you can run this site on your machine. What a lovely way to pass time.
git clone email@example.com:dszakallas/profile.git cd profile docker-compose up